Saturday, April 28, 2012

Hidden Safari

For this art project, I chose to create a hidden safari scene using a cool color as my subject and then covering the image with warm colored patterns on top to hide it. The only way to observe the image below the warm colors is with a pair of glasses with red lenses. Can you see my alligator?
As an extension activity, I would discuss animal camouflage in my science class. The students would learn about different animals, different forms of camouflage, and the benefits of being able to camouflage oneself. We would then practice camouflaging ourselves by making masks with colors and textures similar to a chosen surrounding. For example, if the student wanted to look like the exit door, that student would need to try to draw a wooden pattern and texture it to match the doors texture and then color the mask the same shades of brown and gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment