Sunday, April 29, 2012

Patterned Puzzle Piece

This art project was an activity that emphasized the use of cool colors used exclusively in a work of art. Another requirement of the activity was that the background had to have an element of art; either lines, patterns, or texture. For my picture, I had to use cool colors and pattern on the background of my puzzle piece. My pattern represents the water flow of a stream or ocean and the seaweed that the fish would encounter. In the picture you are able to see other pieces that surround my piece within the cool color's puzzle.
An extension activity for this project would be for the students to do a scavenger hunt for different patterns, textures, and animals of the ocean. Books with pictures, videos, and any other sources the students think of can be used. The students will document what they found and make a booklet of the different elements of art that they are able to be find under the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment